Craft Smiles offers cutting-edge, functional, and aesthetic dental crowns in Matthews, and Dr. Monica Patel’s expertise ensures a seamless blend of aesthetics and oral health. With her professional touch, she crafts natural-looking solutions to resolve dental issues, leaving patients with smiles that radiate confidence and well-being.
Restoring Teeth, One Smile at a Time
The Perfect Cap For Your Teeth
Dental crowns, or caps, are custom-made restorations designed to cover damaged or decayed teeth. Crafted from durable materials like porcelain, ceramic, or metal alloys, crowns provide strength and protection while mimicking the natural appearance of real teeth.
Dr. Monica Patel at Craft Smiles specializes in creating crowns that seamlessly blend with your smile, offering a perfect cap that restores both function and aesthetics to your teeth.
Crowns Help To…
- Restore the structural integrity of a tooth compromised by decay, fractures, or large fillings
- Strengthen teeth that are weakened or at risk of further damage
- Improve the appearance of misshapen, discolored, or severely stained teeth
- Cover dental implants, providing a natural-looking replacement tooth
- Protect and support teeth after root canal treatment
- Enhance the functionality of teeth with significant wear or bite alignment issues
- Prevent further deterioration of teeth with cracks or chips
- Provide a long-lasting solution that can withstand normal chewing and biting forces
- Boost confidence by creating a seamless, aesthetically pleasing smile
How Dental Crowns Replace Missing Teeth…
Support The Dental Bridge
Dental crowns in Matthews are vital in supporting dental bridges, a popular solution for replacing missing teeth. These custom-made crowns are placed on the adjacent healthy teeth on either side of the gap. They serve as anchors or abutments for the dental bridge, providing stability and support. By securely holding the bridge in place, dental crowns ensure a functional and natural-looking replacement for missing teeth, restoring both appearance and chewing ability.
Cover The Dental Implant
Dental crowns are used to cover dental implants, which are artificial tooth roots placed into the jawbone. Once the implant fuses with the bone, a custom-made crown is attached to the implant, effectively replacing the missing tooth. The crown is carefully crafted to match the color, shape, and size of the surrounding teeth, creating a seamless and natural-looking result. Dental crowns provide a durable and functional solution for individuals seeking to restore their smile.
Materials For Dental Crowns In Matthews
Dental crowns in Matthews can be made from metallic alloys, including those with a high gold or platinum content. These alloys offer exceptional strength and durability, making them suitable for molars and back teeth. However, it’s important to note that some individuals may have metal allergies or sensitivities, which can lead to discomfort or complications.
Composite resin is a tooth-colored material that provides excellent aesthetics, blending seamlessly with natural teeth. Composite resin crowns are typically used for front teeth or areas that require cosmetic enhancement. While not as durable as metal or porcelain, they offer a more conservative approach and can be ideal for individuals seeking a natural solution.
Porcelain crowns are highly sought after for their natural appearance, thanks to their color and reflective qualities. They are an excellent choice for individuals with metal allergies or sensitivities. Craft Smiles offers stain-resistant porcelain crowns, making them suitable for front and back teeth. Porcelain crowns in Matthews usually look indistinguishable from natural teeth.
Benefits of Porcelain Crowns:
- Natural appearance
- Stain-resistant material
- Versatile application for front and back teeth
- Improved self-confidence
- Long-lasting durability
- Restored functionality for chewing and speaking
- Protection for weakened or damaged teeth
- Minimal tooth preparation required
- Suitable for individuals with metal allergies or sensitivities
Dental Crown FAQs
A dental crown is recommended in the following situations:
- Severe tooth damage or decay
- After root canal treatment
- Fractured or cracked tooth
- Large fillings compromising tooth structure
- Cosmetic enhancement for misshapen or discolored teeth
- Strengthening weak or worn-down teeth
- Protection for teeth at risk of further damage
- Restoration of tooth structure and function
The process of getting a dental crown typically involves two dental visits. During the first visit, the tooth is prepared, impressions are taken, and a temporary crown is placed. The second visit, usually within two to three weeks, involves removing the temporary crown and bonding the custom-made permanent crown. Sometimes, same-day crowns can be provided in a single visit, depending on the dentist’s assessment.
Dental crowns in Matthews are not permanent but can last many years with proper care. Factors like oral hygiene, chewing habits, and maintenance influence their lifespan. On average, a crown can last 10 to 15 years before it may need to be replaced due to wear or natural aging.
To take care of a dental crown, follow these steps:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Floss daily to clean between teeth and around the crown.
- Use an antimicrobial mouth rinse to reduce bacteria.
- Avoid chewing on hard objects or using your teeth as tools.
- Attend regular dental check-ups to monitor and address any concerns.
The process of getting a dental crown is usually not painful. Local anesthesia is administered to numb the tooth and surrounding area, ensuring a comfortable experience. Although temporary sensitivity may occur after the procedure, it typically diminishes within a few days. Your dentist will take measures to ensure your comfort throughout the process.
Yes, there are alternatives to dental crowns in Matthews for tooth restoration. Depending on the specific situation, alternatives may include dental fillings, inlays, onlays, or veneers. These options are typically recommended for less severe cases where the tooth structure is relatively intact. Your dentist will assess your condition and discuss the most suitable restoration option for you.
Dental insurance coverage for dental crowns varies depending on the insurance plan. While some plans may cover a portion of the cost, others may offer limited or no coverage, considering it a cosmetic procedure. It is advisable to review your insurance policy or contact your dental provider for an insurance verification to determine your coverage.
Are You Ready for Your Crown or Bridge?
Craft Smiles invites you to schedule a consultation and discover if you’re ready for your crown in Matthews. Our expert team, led by Dr. Monica Patel, will assess your dental needs, discuss treatment options, and answer all your questions. Experience the artistry and functionality of dental crowns in Matthews, where your oral health and confident smile are our top priorities.