We are the premier practice for dental implants in Matthews, NC and are your one-stop shop for all your dental needs.
What Are Dental Implants?
A smile goes a long way. But to a few, smiling is a burden, due to having lost a tooth or having a gap between two teeth. Many people feel self-conscious with the loss of a tooth or teeth, and the gap prevents them from smiling openly.
Have you lost a tooth and want to replace it? Are you looking for a way to secure your dental hardware, such as bridges?
Dental implants are like artificial tooth roots, shaped like screws. They are small metal posts that are surgically positioned into your jaw bone beneath the gum line.
They bond with the natural bone and become a sturdy base. These posts act as artificial “tooth roots” to mount replacement teeth or bridges and will hold your prosthetic tooth or dental work in place.
Dental implants do not come loose like a denture and do not have to be anchored to other teeth, like bridges. They provide stable support for artificial teeth and feel more natural.
They allow you to live the way you want, confidently, smiling, laughing, eating and talking without feeling insecure.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants have several benefits. They are the most reliable devices to support replacement teeth. They also allow the new teeth to look, feel and function naturally. Their secure fit also helps the dentures, bridges, and crowns to be placed over implants. To learn more about dental implants in Matthews, NC, contact us today.
What Types of Dental Implants are Available?
- An Endosteal, or traditional implant, is made of titanium and shaped like a small screw. It is surgically placed in the jawbone and serves as an artificial tooth root. It is the most commonly used type of implant.
- Single Implants are usually placed when the patient has lost a single tooth. This can occur as the result of an accident or some other factor. Here a single implant is inserted where the tooth is missing. Full appearance and functionality are restored.
- Multiple Implants are used when you suffer from multiple missing teeth. Unlike removable dentures, implants are permanently fixed and perform like natural teeth.
- All-On-Four Implants are used to permanently replace all your teeth on a single arch. With this type of dental implant, there are no restrictions on eating any type of food. This treatment option also tends to be the most cost-effective for patients.
Here at Craft Smiles, we place and restore all types of dental implants in Matthews.
What Does It Mean to "Place" or "Restore" a Dental Implant?
- Place – When we place a dental implant, we create the dental prosthetic that will be supported by the implant. To place the dental implant, a small cut is made to open your gum and expose the bone. Holes are drilled into the bone to allow the implant metal post to be placed.
- Restore – When we restore a dental implant, we work with the existing dental work. Sometimes we must replace some portion of it, including the abutment. If you already have implants and need them looked at, we are here for you!
Why Get Dental Implants?
Dental implants can change your life. They change how you look and feel about yourself and your teeth and are a smart choice for anyone in need of dental restoration. Implant dentistry is a great option if you:
- Want restorations that last a long time. Implants can last a lifetime when you take good care of them.
- Want dental work that looks like natural teeth.
- Want restorations that are easy to clean and maintain.
- Want to eat freely without worry of food getting under your dental work.
Dental implants in Matthews can help you live your life with confidence. They protect the facial bones and prevent jaw bone deterioration that can be caused by the empty space after losing a tooth. A dental implant is the only dental restoration option that preserves natural bone and helps to stimulate bone growth. It is the safest and the most predictable procedure in cosmetic dentistry.
Age is not a key factor in dental implant success. Given that there is no age limit for dental implants, most people who are healthy and are able to undergo tooth extraction can get dental implants. Older people who have sufficient bone respond in the same way as younger patients to the implant procedure. Enough bone, healthy gums, and good oral hygiene can help improve outcomes in any age group.
When a tooth is extracted, the jawbone supporting the tooth tends to shrink over time. In a year, a major part of the supporting jawbone could be missing. However, this does not mean that you can’t get dental implants done, whether it has been 2, 5, or 10 years since your tooth extraction.
We stimulate the new bone growth in the area of the missing tooth with a bone graft. Once there is sufficient bone growth to support your dental implants in Matthews, our dentists will replace the missing tooth.
At Craft Smiles, we are fully aware of the fear of pain and anxiety surrounding the dental implant procedure. We offer sedation dentistry and several anesthesia options that are designed to maximize your comfort during and after the procedure.
Dental implants may not be suitable for people who grind or clench their teeth and those with a weak or suppressed immune system. Consulting our dental implant expert is the best way to know if dental implants are a suitable option for you.
Ask About Our Dental Implants in Matthews Today!
At Craft Smiles, our doctors understand the difference dental implants can make in your day-to-day life. We can help you live a life without insecurities about your smile. Allow us to use our years of experience to give you a smile you have been dreaming of. As one of the top practices offering dental implants in Matthews, NC, we will get you results. Call us for an appointment!